Neurons within the body are responsible for communication. They are special cells that send messages throughout the entire nervous system, including the brain and spinal cord. It is our job to help maintain these vital connections. One of the ways we do that is by connecting with our patients.
For over 20 years, Neurology Consultants of Dallas has served patients in the Dallas area. We have been instrumental in developing a state-of-the-art stroke program as well as provided neurological care to countless people.
Our goal is to improve connections, both within the body and with the people we help.
- Patient education programs
- Patient education handouts - offered online or printed
- Hospital consultations
- 24-hour coverage in case of emergency
- Offices located in or near local hospitals
- Bilingual staff in English and Spanish
- BOTOX® injections (botulinum toxin injection therapy). Used to reduce chronic migraines, muscle spasms associated with movement disorders, and post stroke spasticity.
- EMG (electromyography). A test to assess muscle and nerve function.
- Lumbar puncture. Extraction of cerebrospinal fluid.
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging). A non-invasive procedure that uses powerful magnets and radio waves to construct pictures of the body.
- NCV (Nerve Conduction Velocity). To test the speed of electrical signals through nerves.
Driving Assessment: DriveABLE
This program evaluates and assesses a person’s ability to cognitively function while driving a vehicle. It fairly protects safe drivers from misidentification while recognizing when a driver should cease operating behind the wheel.
DriveABLE uses a touch screen or button system to measure cognitive ability. After the 45-minute session, the technician can accurately report whether a driver can continue driving, is unsafe to drive, or needs further evaluation with an on-road test.
Unfortunately, insurance does not cover the cost of the DriveABLE testing. The cost for the testing is $400.00 to be paid at the time of service.
Appointments may be scheduled by calling Neurology Consultants of Dallas at 214-750-9977.