Samir H. Shah, M.D.
Neurohospitalist, Sub-Specialist in Stroke
With two fellowships and a love of teaching, it’s no surprise that Dr. Samir Shah has received numerous awards. In his sophomore year in medical school, for instance, he was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. Since then, he has become the Medical Director of the Stroke Program at Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas. He treats all neurological diseases, however he focuses on vascular diseases of the brain, stroke, and electroencephalography.
When Dr. Shah isn’t giving presentations or treating patients, he’s usually trying out a new restaurant with his wife and daughter. He also hopes to one day return to Greece, both for the natural beauty and the food.
- Fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology/Epilepsy at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas
- Fellowship in Vascular Neurology at UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles
- Residency in Neurology at UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles
- Internship at Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School in Boston
- Medical School at Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit where he graduated at the top of his class
- Undergraduate Degree in Biology with Highest Distinction from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor
- Board Certified in Neurology
- Board Certified in Vascular Neurology
- Board Certified in Clinical Neurophysiology
- Board Certified in Epilepsy
- Certified in Neurosonology by American Society of Neuroimaging
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas
- Best Doctors in Dallas: Neurology, D Magazine, two consecutive years, 2014-2015