Karen Sacks, NP
Karen joined Neurology Consultants of Dallas in April of 2012. She has 18 years’ experience as a nurse practitioner in the hospital setting. Prior to joining NCOD in 2012, she was coordinator for the Stroke program at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas. During her leadership as stroke program coordinator, the hospital achieved primary stroke center designation by The Joint Commission in 2010 and recertification in 2012. She enjoys providing care for a variety of neurologic conditions but her particular area of interest is stroke. Karen enjoys patient, staff, community education and research.She particularly enjoys working closely with the physicians and the multidisciplinary team in order to improve outcomes for stroke survivors. Karen is currently completing a fellowship program for Nurse Practitioners in cerebrovascular disease.
Karen and her husband have 3 sons and 2 grand children. She and her husband enjoy spending time with family and traveling.
- Post Graduate Program - Adult/Gerontological Nurse Practitioner Program, University of Texas, Arlington, Texas
- Master of Science in Nursing University of Texas at Arlington,TX.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas
- Undergraduate Degree – BA Sociology (Minor in Social Welfare Studies) University of Texas, Austin Texas.
- ANCC Board Certified - Adult Nurse Practitioner
- ANCC Board Certified - Geriatric Nurse Practitioner
- ANP - Registered with the Board of Nurse Examiners
- ACLS/CPR/NIHSS – current certifications