We are continually expanding our outstanding care and treatment for seizures and epilepsy. With three outpatient offices in Dallas and Addison, as well as inpatient services at Medical City Dallas Hospital and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, we offer one of the most comprehensive treatment options in North Texas.
Our Epilepsy Institute provides comprehensive care for adults who have epilepsy, seizures, spells that may affect consciousness such as blackouts, and movement disorders that may represent underlying seizures.
We have four physicians who specialize in epilepsy and conduct EEGs.
- Epilepsy/Seizure Clinic:
- Consultation with epileptologist and outline of treatment
- Clinical research trials available with anticonvulsant medications
- EEG (Electroencephalography)
- 24/7 Epilepsy/Seizure Monitoring Unit (EMU):
A specialized, inpatient setting for recording, defining, and outlining treatment options for seizures, spells of altered awareness or consciousness, or movement disorders. This specialized unit is available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. It provides non-invasive (scalp recording), and invasive (electrodes surgically-placed), video EEG, along with cardiac telemetry as needed. The unit specifically functions to evaluate patients for resective epilepsy surgery, to reduce or eliminate ongoing seizures.
- Tesla MR imaging (MRI) of the brain
- PET (Positron Emission Tomography) imaging
- Memory and cognitive testing (neuropsychometric testing)
- SPECT imaging (single photon emission computer tomography)
- MEG (magnetoelectroencephalography)